Peninsula Climate Comfort will provide design assistance services and incentives to five households who would like to replace gas appliances with high performing electric versions. The five households will be chosen to represent several types of homes typical of San Mateo County in order to model
Program Participants will receive
- A free comprehensive technical analysis to assess the opportunities and challenges of converting furnaces and hot water heaters to highly-efficient electric heat pumps
- Assessments of benefits of adding solar panels and energy efficiency measures
- A full financial analysis of installation and operating costs and benefits
- Technical assistance with hiring contractors and overseeing the work
- $2,000 to defray installation costs of qualifying electric technologies
- One year of system monitoring to verify how the new systems perform
About Peninsula Clean Energy
Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) is San Mateo County’s locally-controlled electricity provider. PCE was launched collaboratively by the County of San Mateo and all twenty of its cities to help the environment through cleaner
About Ardenna Energy, LLC
Ardenna Energy is a clean energy consulting practice focused on bringing residential energy efficiency, electrification, and storage technologies to market. Ardenna Energy provides technical assistance in program and product design, market research, energy economics and financial modeling, regulatory policy, and technical writing. Learn more about Founder and Principal Bruce Mast at www.linkedin.com/in/brucemast/.
About Build It Green
Build It Green (BIG) is a nonprofit organization comprised of thought leaders and building industry veterans who share a vision for better buildings and a diligence for getting results. The organization’s pioneering work is transforming how homes are built and renovated in California and beyond. Learn more about BIG at www.builditgreen.org.
About Home Energy Analytics
Home Energy Analytics (HEA) helps households lower their energy use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. HEA develops online and mobile customer engagement software employing advanced analysis of gas and electric smart meter data to help residential consumers take control of their energy bills, and utilities & regulators to deploy cost-effective residential efficiency programs like HomeIntel. Learn more about HEA at corp.hea.com/.